The Fulton County AVTS Joint Operating Committee will meet virtually Thursday February 18, 2021 at 7:00pm. For Google Meeting link please visit our JOC page under the School Operations tab .
January 15, 2021
Dear Students, Parents/Guardians,
I would like to update you on decisions being made regarding our students return to school. On January 11, 2021, the Central Fulton School Board of Directors approved their student’s return to school using a hybrid/ scaffolding instructional delivery model. This is contingent upon Fulton County’s continued decline of positive Covid-19 cases. The tentative start dates for students is Monday, January 25th, 2021 at the earliest or Monday, February 1st, 2021, at the latest. Which date will be dependent on the number of positive COVID 19 cases that Fulton County has reported to the Department of Health for the week of January 8 – January 14, 2021. Families will be notified no later than January 20th as to the date of the return to school start date. We are utilizing the COVID-19 Early Warning Monitoring System from the Department of Health which can be found at: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Monitoring-Dashboard.aspx.
*Updated regulations that must be followed upon return to school include:
- Masks are mandatory at all times while on school property. There will be no mask breaks.
- If you have a health condition preventing this, please contact your district principal.
- Face shields are no longer acceptable in place of a face mask. Shields may be worn in addition to a face mask.
- If a positive case of COVID-19 is identified in any of our participating districts, we will be following that district’s Return to School Health and Safety Plan and recommendations from the Department of Health. Return to School Health and Safety Plans can be found on all district’s websites.
*Schedules for the return of students:
- Central Fulton students will return with a hybrid instructional delivery model, with students designated as Group A, attending their program on Mondays and Tuesdays and students designated as Group B will be attending their program on Thursdays and Fridays. Group A will receive remote/on-line instruction on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Group B will receive remote instruction on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The custodial staff will be cleaning the building on Wednesdays.
- Welding Technology and Agricultural Mechanics students from Central Fulton, Southern Fulton and Forbes Road School Districts will continue remote instruction until Southern Fulton and Forbes Road school districts return to in school instruction.
We understand that remote learning is less than ideal. We also know the many challenges posed to our students and staff. It remains our goal to resume in person instruction as quickly and as safely as possible. We will strive to provide your student with the highest level of technical education while following these recommendations from the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Department of Health. We will reassess the situation regularly and communicate with you accordingly. You will be updated on information as it is communicated to us. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your student’s teacher or myself if you have any questions or concerns.
Erik H. Damgaard, Executive Director
Agricultural Production Operations
Early Childhood Education
Computer Systems Networking
Allied Health Professions
Drafting & Design Technology
Fulton County Area Vocational Technical School will not discriminate in its employment practices or its educational programs and activities on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, domicile, veterans status, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, handicap/disability or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics in its admission procedures, educational programs and activities or employment practices, as required by the Pennsylvania School Code and related regulations, ADA, Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 and will provide equal access to the Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. Students are encouraged to consider enrolling in career programs non-traditional to their gender. Fulton County Area Vocational Technical School will take steps to assure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in career and technical education programs and will make reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities. Furthermore, harassment in any form, including bullying, by any individual will not be tolerated. All policies, regulations and practices of FCAVTS shall be guided by this statement.
Inquiries regarding compliance with Titles VI, IX and Section 504, should be forwarded to the Director of the Fulton County AVTS at:
145 East Cherry Street, McConnellsburg, PA 17233 (717) 485-5813